It’s time for another ‘What’s your digits‘ meme! I took one of these last year and it was fun so I thought I’d do it again this time and be a little more creative with it. Strawberry Singh whipped up another one, this time talking about what she thinks of Fitted Mesh so I thought this was perfect for me since most of you will know by now I never take off my Wowmeh fitted mesh body!
Meme Instructions: Share your avatar’s digits and/or answer the following questions about Fitted Mesh and what you think the future holds for our Second Life avatars. If you decide to share your digits, feel free to add your image in the Digits Flickr Group.
Questions about Fitted Mesh:
- What are your thoughts about Fitted mesh? – I was dubious when fitted mesh first came out. At best it was glitchy and spiked up all around my avatar and confused me a lot. Plus I didn’t really like a lot of the clothes that were being made for it, they looked too clunky on my tiny figure. But now that it’s more widespread and there are more and more designers making a wide variety of fitted mesh clothes, I actually quite like it!
- Have you tried any of the new fitted mesh avatars released by Linden Lab? What do you think of them? – I actually haven’t tried them yet, but I see all these hilarious photos on flickr with residents running around being chased by materials-enabled zombies haha!
- Have you tried any fitted mesh avatars/bodies created by residents? – I do own the Wowmeh, and I never take it off. It’s become a permanent part of my avatar much like my Slink hands have. I don’t need to faff about with alpha layers anymore, I can just click a few buttons on a HUD and my dresses fit perfectly. But being able to fit regular mesh clothes on the Wowmeh relies heavily on people willing to change their shape and standard sizing a lot of the time.
- Have you tried a mesh head? What are your thoughts about mesh heads? – I tried on the LOGO and Snow Rabbit heads a long time ago but my avatar has quite a unique face so I didn’t like the mesh heads at all. I’m very attached to the way my avatar looks so I’m perfectly happy with just a mesh body for now.
- Do you foresee a lot of changes to our current Second Life avatars because of fitted mesh? – I know a lot of people who used physics layers will be pleased to know that they won’t be obsolete again thanks to fitted mesh and I think that eventually mesh bodies will become an avatar standard much like mesh hands and feet are now. It just takes a little patience I think. But in my opinion, I don’t think LL will do much to change the default avatars since it would hurt a lot of creators, so maybe they’ll leave all enhancements down to residents from now on?
I’m not going to be posting my digits because I have my shape up on the marketplace for free. Most of the values are the same but I do change a few things obviously to fit my mesh body into things. What I will say though is that, according to the avatar ruler, I’ve only grown an inch over the past year (last time I was 6’8”, now I’m 6’9”) which is pretty good going if I do say so myself!
Location: Bora Bora
Basket: BCC – Roly Poly picnic (The Arcade)
Bag: BCC – Jenny Summer bags (Gacha)
Flip flops: Erratic – Summer flip flops (The Arcade)
Inflatable: VCO – Happy summer picnic tube (The Arcade)
Dog: Birdy/Alchemy – French bulldog (TCF)